The auto-complete sentence feature allows you to enter in a short alphanumeric code into your documentation that will cause an entire sentence to populate into the documentation.
This will allow the users to save time by not having to type long phrases, sentences, or paragraphs that they constantly use in the documentation.
While inside the documentation section, you will find the AutoComplete list of shortcodes above the main tabs (Subjective, Objective, Flowsheet, Assessment, Plan of Care, and Claim review. This AutoComplete List button will be accessible all throughout the documentation in all sections.
Once clicked this button will provide a pop-up that shows all the available shortcodes for the clinic.
There are 2 tabs available:
- Customized - All the codes that have been created by the user and will be available to everyone within the same clinic.
- Global - codes that have been created by In Touch EMR available to all users.
The pop-up contains the shortcodes to be entered in the text boxes, the text value that will appear once the user hits the tab key, and the shortcode Category. You can also search by code or by sentence.
Categories of Shortcodes:
- Specified- these codes can only be used in the designated area of the documentation that the user had indicated. The list indicates only which part of the documentation this shortcode can be used (e.g. Subjective).
- Global - these codes can be used in all the text boxes inside In Touch EMR.
How to use the Short Codes
Within In Touch EMR there are text boxes. Just type the short code within the text box and hit the tab key. It will automatically populate the text value assigned to that short code.
Customizing your Own Auto Complete ShortCodes
The user can create customized shortcodes by clicking the Add Ons tab and choose Auto Complete Text.
Enter the desired shortcode (6 characters are required). If the code entered is currently being used by another clinic, the system will prompt you that it is being used and you need to create a different code.
Choose the category for this new code. If a specified category, the user must choose which part of the documentation this shortcode will be available for use.
Enter the Text Value. (a maximum of 400 characters is allowed)
Users will be directed to the AutoComplete Short Code page.
- Short Code - this is the code you will enter to create the sentence. The shortcode should be a maximum of 6 characters. It is not case sensitive.
- Category - You can choose to have your shortcodes work throughout your documentation or only in a certain section (Flowsheet for exercise codes, Plan for goals, etc.)
- Text Value: This is the sentence that will appear in the documentation when you enter in the shortcode.
Click save once all fields are completed.
The newly created shortcode should now appear on the Customized list.
Auto Complete Text list
- Customized - This is the list of codes that are created by the user. Shortcodes created by the user in a clinic can be viewed and used by other users within the clinic.
- Global - These are pre-made codes that are automatically put into every In Touch EMR account.
- Export Customized Short Code List - Once clicked this button will show a PDF file that contains the list of all shortcodes.
- Category - Informs users in which part of the system this particular shortcode can be used
- Global - Can be used in any text box in the system
- Specific - it will provide only a specific location within the system. e.g. Subjective, Objective, Flowsheet etc
- Edit - allows users to edit the shortcode
- Delete - allows users to delete the shortcode
Users can also search the codes either by shortcode or by the text value.